Update v2.8 Submitted
CraftWorld version 2.8 has been submitted to FREE PAID and BETA. As per usual, this should take about a week so expect this sometime after the 30th of August.
Version 2.8 is the first update to bring no new features to CraftWorld. It is a maintenance and bug fixing update that deals with a few severe issues as well as some minor issues. I would like to add that many bug reports included mentions of world saves and cloud account names. Thankyou for these, it makes debugging a range of issues easier, and your worlds are untouched by us. We work with the copies only. A change log is below:
- Fixed map crash. This was also blocking users from re-entering worlds where the player was holding the map.
- Fixed memory leak caused by navigating between many worlds.
- Fixed hang in Cloud account creation screen when offline, or creation would fail
- Fixed save corruption. There are new recovery systems in place and improvements to prevent this in future. This included the “stretch” bug. However if your world was already affected by this, it is possible it has been saved in this state.
- Fixed menu layout, this is more a PC friendly fix but the WP7 benefits as well
- Fixed quick help lockup caused when you click the quick help in game. The reticule would also disappear
- Fixed sign crash, the menu again opens.
- Fixed Rez stone rendering when dropped
- Fixed duplication exploit caused by closing workbench with template items on top.
- Fixed save load crash
- Fixed Advertisements, start of game flash and mid game flickering
- Fixed Rake, was repairing and damaging block simultaneously
- Fixed game vibration, it no longer can get jammed
- Fixed vibration option, it now has an effect
- Fixed belt pos option now hidden on FREE BETA
- Reduced memory consumption. Nokia 610 users will appreciate this.
- Fixed menu navigation, now all menus operate as expected and can be quit or entered from any direction
- Fixed placement of help button in gameplay. There was a gap and an offset
- Fixed Pure Adamantium is now Red instead of blue
- Fixed storage start up and boot time
- Fixed layout of options home screen to accommodate more items
- Fixed online config file no longer downloaded.
- Fixed doors may now be easily opened again.
- Fixed redbrick is now sandy colored again. However, it may now be dyed into any colour you like!
- Fixed item pickup and drop no longer sticks in survival/hard-core modes
- Fixed window layouts and text positioning in game. Eg. smelter and workbench
- Improved loading screen, is now pretty and has a lot more hints/messages
- Added loading icon during game to indicate saving
- Added more items to the options home screen including a link to try “Cell”, another WP7 game we have made.
- Added a bit of attitude to the initial loading screen. Don’t tap on it too much.
- Optimised lighting. 1st gen and budget WP7 device owners will appreciate this most.
Now that we are working on version 2.9, we can begin to add new features again to CraftWorld. Keep those reports and feedback rolling in, they really do help us improve the quality of CraftWorld. Also please note that we are working on two additional projects, and we will be announcing them soon. CraftWorld remains our main priority as always, however these will be good news to all members of our community!
Thanks for reading!