BlockWorld v1.3 Now on Windows 8!
BlockWorld, the ultimate creative constructive blog-game on the Xbox 360 has been released on Windows 8! This includes Windows RT based tablets such as the Microsoft Surface, and any other ARM based device!
BlockWorld due to its initial Xbox release, contains full support for the Xbox 360 Gamepad. Many of you may be surprised to learn that even on the RT devices, and Xbox 360 Wireless adapter works great, and lets you get that Xbox experience from any Windows 8 device. But it also fully supports touch, and may be poked and dragged about without the need to lug about extra USB devices.
Or you could just the mighty mouse and keyboard combination if you are so inclined.
The full selection of 27 dyes are available, along with new permutations of stairs, fences, and the full physics engine that powers the Hazzah Engine. BlockWorld maintains full feature parity with its console brother, with one exception.
Multiplayer is coming soon.
Some of you may recall the Xbox 360 version being in the same state at its launch in August of 2012. Rest assured, we are hard at work on a new networking system that will allow Tablet, Desktop and Laptop gamers on a wide variety of hardware to all play as equals in vast creative worlds. The release of Multiplayer is estimated to be in late March of 2013. One of our issues, is the need for a complex Avatar-player system to replace the default Xbox Avatar system we currently use. For that, we need a full time artist. More on that in just a moment!
In the meantime, you may bask in the 5 updates worth of improvements and fixes the Xbox project has contributed to both BlockWorld and the Hazzah Engine, and roam the infinite floating islands, flatlands or middle earth generators. Be sure to post to our forums, and let us know what you build. We like to talk to our community, and find out what they want, and how they want it….
The v1.5 update!
This update for BlockWorld applies to both the Xbox and Windows 8 customers, so listen up!
Here is a short list of some of the new features being delivered to you in v1.5, which will be completed and available in early February:
- Slab permutations: Over a dozen different varieties of slabs to place!
- Half Slabs: Fancy a thinner material?
- Half Slab permutations: Available in over a dozen styles to suit your needs.
- Vertical Slabs: One quarter of a block thick, but just as tall. Great for thin walls!
- Vertical Slab permutations: Over a dozen varieties to choose from!
- Upside down stairs: You asked for it, you got it! Stairs can now be upside down!
- Stair corner pieces: Satisfy your OCD with a perfect piece to round off your creations
- Inverse stair corner pieces: You’ll understand what this is, if you have ever needed it.
- Upside down stair corners
- Upside down inverse stair corners: We’ve been thorough with our stairs!
- Corner vertical slabs: Break out of the 1x1x1 restrictions other block games impose with these!
- Paintball gun: We joined your worlds on Xbox, and asked you. This was the second most requested feature! The first being CraftWorld to ship.
- New Dye System: Dyes now take multiple applications to reach full intensity. However if you swap dyes, you can blend and mix for new colors beyond the initial set of 27!
- The Raft: Throw one into a lake, and whip about. It’s not realistic, but IS fun!
- Bugs, crash fixes, performance improvements etc… that will be listed in it’s own post after release.
The v1.5 update marks the end of the 80 ms point special for the Xbox version of the game, and also the end of the Windows 8 introductory special. So get em’ while they are cheap!
Survival mode, is something we hear our customers crying out for. Pigs, Zombies, hunger, drop blocks and more await in CraftWorld, but it’s not finished yet. We’re deep in networking code that is so insanely complex, that we have entire test-games at 2.0 Studios to verify it is working correctly and without exploits/bugs.
BlockWorld is simpler, and something we can release NOW. RIGHT MEOW. BlockWorld is also funding Craftworld. If you are holding back because:
“Nah man, that ain’t me”
If you ever want to see CraftWorld on Xbox, Desktop, Windows 8, Android or iOS, show your support and pick up a copy of BlockWorld. It’s not the blind faith of a Kick-starter, it’s even better. You get something for your money immediately, and can see the potential of the Hazzah Engine for yourself. One in every two people that downloads our demo for BlockWorld, BUYS IT. That is a hard fact my friend.
Fun Fact: Did you know that we almost have a full time artist? He’s been slaving away for weeks, spending almost every waking hour on content for a new project? This new project is a big announcement we will be making very soon.
Thanks for reading!