BlockWorld v1.5 [Xbox] Availbile now! +Important Notice!
BlockWorld will be having it’s v1.6 update ahead of schedule, to address some serious networking issues with the current Xbox build.
For the purposes of letting you guys know we are already onto this, and fixing it, we shall list the issues below:
1) “Connection Lost” when playing with friends (Rare)
2) Failure to join friend’s worlds (Sometimes)
3) Locking of players when exploring (Sometimes)
There is a fourth issue, exclusive to BlockWorld for Windows 8. In some cases, the trial locks do not engage allowing players to experience everything BlockWorld has to offer without restrictions in Trial mode please keep reading for more information about that odd one.
We have identified the causes of all of these bugs, and working hard on resolving them and aim to have the v1.6 update for Xbox available in just over a week, in early march.
Here is what we have achieved so far in BlockWorld:
1) Network bandwidth consumption has been slashed to 50% of what it is in v1.5. This has a huge impact for new players joining, now avoiding “Lag spikes”
2) Player spawning algorithms replaced, to prevent players spawning within physics system causing players to be booted from game.
3) Region streaming request system has been re-written to prevent “Over-requesting” resulting in players unable to load regions.
4) Windows 8 Trial system is sometimes incorrectly evaluated. BlockWorld, in event of a Trial mode detection error, the Hazzah Engine reverts to allowing the player full access to the game. We prioritize the satisfaction of our customers, even if it is at our own expense.
So if you’ve come here looking for answers, and you have an issue that is not presented here, then please post below. I demand to know more, if there is more, so that BlockWorld can keep getting better.
Also, we’re working on weather support in the Hazzah Engine! So new features are still coming in v1.7 and beyond!
Thankyou very much for reading.