Status Update for v2.3
CraftWorld now has it’s first creatures: Chickens, Fire elementals and Mushies. Chickens drop feathers for fletching arrows, Fire elementals drop fire salts for Dynamite and Mushies drop magic mushrooms. There is collection of swords along with the different arrow types now implemented also. Here’s the catch, only the chicken is guaranteed to make it into 2.3 with the Bow. Each creature has different behaviour and represents a different family of wee beasties, so we are focusing on getting one ready at a time.
Here is a small summary of the larger changes coming in 2.3:
- 3D Audio. Things smashing in the distance, a chicken pecking to your left and loads more sound fantastic when wearing headphones.
- Gold Ingots and rods can be smelted
- Bronze Ingots and rods can be smelted
- Steel Ingots and rods can be smelted
- Adamantum Ingots and rods can be smelted
- Ruby blocks drop Ruby items now. If you have ruby blocks, place and break after 2.3 to make use of them. Ruby blocks are useless.
- Copper has a texture, and drops a nugget
- Silver added, and drops a nugget.
- Ingots create weapons, tools and later they will create armour.
- Nuggets are used in alloys and special crafting templates. There is no copper toolset, or silver toolset.
- Dynamite AND bombs you can throw, can be used to mine. 75% block loss rate, so you are warned.
- Blocks merge. Do not be shocked if you spend 10 minutes mining 100 dirt blocks over a pit, to find only two blocks of dirt beneath. The similar blocks merge, and when you pick up a merged stack, you get all at once. This will be improved upon later.
- The texture pack is moving to 32×32.
- Block group logic. Long story short, trees will grow and decay, crops will spread and water can propagate faster in versions 2.4+
- Addition of flint. We at 2.0 studios indulge in a little archery in the back yard from time to time. So we decided to make the arrow system based on the shaft, not the head like our real arrows. Sticks and rods combined with a flint head and feather create the fletching system. The additional weight of an Adamantum arrow will be factored later.
- Arrow reclamation like Oblivion is in.
- The repair bench is in, combine with repair hammers to preserve your high end tools made of rare materials.
- Bug fixes, performance optimisations and more have also been added that will be listed at release.
I am now keeping a Devlog on the forums. Every few days or so, I’ll be making a quick post about progress in there to keep you informed. Each Wednesday, I’ll go into a little extra detail I don’t normally do on this blog.
Thank you for reading, CraftWorld is exploding with new features right now. V2.0 is pleasure to work with.