CraftWorld v2.7 + Video
CraftWorld v2.7 has been submitted for review! This update applies to all three versions, so if you are using BETA, FREE or PAID then keep an eye on your marketplace hub on your WP7 device!
The FREE and PAID versions are skipping v2.6. The BETA version gathered lots of feedback in it’s short time as the more advanced version, but did carry with it some significant bugs. Fortunately these have been found, and we now have a green light from the community (so to speak) to move ahead and update all versions.
A shortened change log is included in the base of this post. Also, watch this video:
Creative mode is the big addition to this build. There are two pages of goodies for you to place, and build with. This includes a set of plants with some updated art, more blocks and some extra tools to work with. Just press the two inventory buttons in the top right to use. If you played the BETA version of this, then you will relish the improved UI for creative mode.
Version 2.6 and Version 2.5 bug fixes?
In the BETA there was a severe crash bug. On start up the world converter was failing to convert files to the new save file format (for speed, stability and easy cloud storage). This has been rectified, so if you have not uninstalled the BETA, continue to leave it installed. This update will cure what ails’ ya’!
Of course the screen flippy bug, and the performance issues in the FREE and PAID versions are dealt with, so v2.7 is a massive improvement to battery life, performance and stability.
Xbox and PC?
These versions are coming along quite nicely. We’re working on the HD mode. Daniel has crafted some rather lovely water, and a new sky dome to go with it. Full reflections and refractions are created by the water to complete the effect. Although you can pick the retro skyline and water if your netbook or PC should lag a little, once the PC build is out the door.
- Screen flip then crash issue fixed
- Performance degradation over time fixed
- Signs may be edited on WP7
- Input for Creative mode improved drastically
- File conversion crash fixed
- Added Bookshelves to creative mode
- Added Pure gold blocks
- Added Pure silver blocks
- Added Pure Diamond blocks
- Added Pure Adamantium blocks
- Added 2.0 Block to creative mode
- Added new art for hemp and flowers.
- Added Pure Steel blocks
- Lavender is now blue orchid
- Menu placements
- Fixed UI double activate
- Added Stairs
- New graphics generation system
- Added HD water to XBOX and PC
- Added HD world reflections to XBOX and PC
- Added HD world refractions to XBOX and PC
- Added new Lighting model to XBOX and PC
- Added German language, please contact us if there are typos
- Added French language, please contact us if there are typos
- Fixed Dye names. No more Yoda speak
- Can place hemp, all flowers, all grasses and mushrooms (fix)
- Fixed save file creation null error
- CraftWorld saves and pauses on Deactivation (Just multitask craftworld with the windows button if you want to force a save)
- Added more restrictions to trial version (This is inherited from the Xbox)
- Fixed WP7 OS navigation crashes (rare)
- Fixed Text sanitation (accented characters stripped of accents instead of fully discarded)
- Fixed, can use spaces in world names.
- Fixed, world names limited to 13 chars
- Added floating island generator (This looks great, but eats a lot of memory. Beware if you have a low end handset. Dial down the view distance to compensate)
- Various bug, stability, performance and crash issues too small to list. (around 150)